Monday, July 21, 2014

Time to Rivet



 

The shell was secured with lots of buck-rivets.
I needed some help from my two boys and sweet wife.


I used 3/16 brazier head rivets and many other riveting tools secured from 
Vintage Trailer Supply.


I remember drilling each one of these out some time back.
It was fun putting them back together again.


New belly pan aluminum mated up nicely with the shell.


Experience and skill with the riveting gun came quickly.



I could not have done the job without the help of my pretty assistant.


The brazier head rivets were installed using the "Bucking Bar" on the inside.


Picture shows the "C" channel bolted to the floor and pop rivets securing the belly pan wrapped up from underneath the floor.  The solid brazier head rivets were put through the layers and set.

The result was a shell securely fastened to a new floor on top of an improved frame.
It is amazing how strong the trailer became when all parts are joined together.


No comments:

Post a Comment